Enrich Your World with Bold Accents
“Be uniquely you. Stand out. Shine. Be colorful.” – Amy Leigh Mercree
Colors have a huge effect on your mood and the general ambiance of a room, but mood changes, isn’t it?
Committing to one theme is risky when there’s so much at stake. I mean, let’s admit it, you can’t reach for that bucket of paint for a clean slate every time you wish to impart a different vibe to your house. It’s neither easy nor affordable.
Here’s the good news – color accents help you mix and match without having to commit to it for a long time. Easily adjustable and modifiable by moods, occasions, and seasons, color accents instantly uplift the overall look and layout of the house!
What Are Accent Colors?
You must be thinking to yourself, it can’t be that easy.
Well, your wall colors do set the primary theme in a room and you have to commit to them – but accent colors are supplementary colors that leave room for a ‘no strings attached’ scenario. Accent colors are secondary color themes to complement or contrast with the primary colors. They instantly uplift the ambiance, add drama, and brighten up a monochromatic space.
How Can We Place Accent Colors in a Room?
The next burning question is how to incorporate this magical ingredient into a bland gravy (of course, I’m talking about the gloomy beige). Luckily, accent colors leave a lot of room for creativity. You can incorporate them in the form of artwork, throw pillows, furniture, or home décor accessories. For instance, have a look at these luxuriously regal metallic accents by Inspire Me! OH-MY-GOD! Your room will transform from Moaning Myrtle to Queen Cleopatra in an instant.
What are the Basic Principles of Accent Color?
Oh boy, here comes the boring stuff!
No, not really, it’s all about following a basic structure so that you don’t go overboard with accent colors. Here are some easy-to-remember principles for using accent colors in your house.
- You can use both small and large accessories for accent colors, depending on the extent of dominance you want them to have over the primary colors. For instance, if you are happy with primary colors, just small touches of accent colors like this wonderful White Ceramic Bowl would suffice. On the other hand, if you wish to completely cover a wall with an accent for dramatic effects, set a statement with large pieces like this shining, shimmering, splendid Silver Abstract Painting.
- Use the same accent color for different rooms to create a theme and flow. By choosing a color that works at least in three of the main rooms, you can uplift the overall layout while having the liberty to move accessories around without making the rooms look untidy or uncoordinated.
- To impart a visible effect, use three items with the main accent color in a room to draw attention to it.
- If you already have two wall colors to work with, use the 60-30-10 design rule. This means that the primary colors should be in 60% of the area in a room, the secondary color in 30%, and the remaining 10% should be limited to the accents.
Steps to Choose the Perfect Accent Color for Your Home
It’s your time to chill and take it easy. All the big decisions are out of the way, and you can finally impart a personality to the space you have created. Here are some simple steps in choosing the perfect accent color for your beautiful home.
- Keep the color palette of your entire house in mind. Is it monochromatic, complementary, or analogous? Have you used a secondary color, and do you wish to create a matching theme or have contrast? Bold wall color can be your starting point when choosing accents, while a monochromatic color palette gives you room to experiment and go all out!
- Splurge or re-use? Well, why not both?! Use your favorite throws and pillows and add simple touches with accents in the form of coasters, candles, tissue box covers, picture frames, and decorative baskets.
- Decide if you want your accents to seamlessly blend in or set a statement to show your wild side. Here’s a helpful tip – if you can’t decide, simply let your heart gravitate towards your favorite piece of accessory and do more of that.
- Your wall colors work as a backdrop for accent colors, always start right by making your foundations strong!
Need help with your primary colors, secondary colors, accents, and more? You’ve struck gold! We are dedicated to providing you the best service and quality as the best online interior designers with a lot of ideas to transform your home into the state-of-the-art masterpiece you’ve always desired.
Choose from a variety of our Mondän packages and start your journey with us.